Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wolfchase Mall Playdates


So I'm learning that Miles does NOT care for crowds. We've attended 3 playdates this month already and at every one he quietly observes, snuggled close up against me the entire time. At a Wolfchase mall playdate I left for 5 minutes to fill up his bottle and by the time I got back he was crying hysterically. I heard one of the ladies saying, "Look! There's mommy! Here she comes!" I asked if he had hurt himself and they told me, "No, he just realized that you were gone." My little man is the sweetest.
We won't be attending any more playdates this month and the next time I'll see all the Bluff City Mommies is at my very own potluck on the 25th! I'm excited to see how I'm going to be able to pull off both a potluck and a one year old's birthday party on the same day. Matt and I should be headed out to Party City later on today, to see what kind of decorations they have in stock. I'd like to go with a snowflake theme but if that's not possible I'll go with blue and white. Next weekend is a big landmark day for the Bradshaws. We can hardly believe an ENTIRE YEAR has already flown by!! I still remember 2 am feedings, sleeping in shifts and trying on all the cute, tiny onesies. I was going through Miles' old clothes the other day and found a couple of those "straightjackets" we put him in to keep him from inadvertently scratching himself. I just can't bring myself to throw those away.
In more current news, Miles is now standing from 5-10 seconds at a time! Most often he starts clapping when he does this, thrilled with the sensation of defying gravity. I've yet to capture it on tape but believe me, I'm working on it.

No comments: