Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I GOT A JOB!!!

Of course, at the celebratory dinner we took the obligatory pic of the baby with a beer.
For once in a very, very long time two companies were competing over me. First, the option to have my old job back and secondly, the opportunity to get 50% off the cutest clothes for both Miles AND myself. Being me, I of course, took the job that gives me the virtually free clothes.

I went in this morning to fill out the paperwork and watch some corny training DVDs. I go in Saturday to learn how to handle the flow of customers and start a "real" schedule next week. It feels soooo nice to be back in the work force amongst other grown-ups and making real money again. I hope I do a really great job and impress the hell out of my new employers. Wish me luck, everyone!!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Congrats! I'm sure you're going to do great!

Kim said...

Sorry to hear that your new co-workers are being buttheads. Hope things get better. xoxo

Mama Shel said...

Thanks, K. Things are getting easier, the longer I work there and the better I get to know everyone.
It's like we agreed at the cookout last weekend, though, there will ALWAYS be some people in this world who don't like you on sight and will be insistent on trying to make you miserable while you're around them. There's one in every workplace.
You and I will just have to continue shakin' them hatas off.