Monday, August 18, 2008

On this date last year 8/18/2007

I went out to dinner with my parents and husband and was distraught over not being able to have a celebratory birthday drink. I also couldn't eat most of my food (2nd trimester weirdness) and had to bring it home where I'm sure Matt ate most of the leftovers.
Fast forward a year later and the sacrifice of that drink resulted in one of the most joyful experiences I have ever had.

I know you can't read this yet but I wanted to say it anyway: I love you, Miles. I look into your eyes and see myself. We can't be in the same room together without smiling at the other. Thank you so much for being a part of my life. My birthday will always have a new, special meaning because without this day you would not be here.
Today I do not celebrate myself, I celebrate you.
"You make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Where ever you go"

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thinking of you. I'm starting to be able to think a little bit (hah!) and wanted to say howdy before I head off to bed. xoxo