Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life Changes Quickly

Between moving from our tiny shoebox one bedroom apartment to a huge ample two bedroom, facing the death of my last remaining grandmother and taking care of an infant you could say I've had a very busy last couple of weeks. And, since I wasn't feeling especially positive, I opted to refrain from blogging until today.

To recap the funeral was lovely. My dad found a company who sends out a lady with a giant basket of white doves to be released at the gravesite and it was one of the most impressive things I think I've ever seen. My brother and I released them and, to be honest, I think we were a bit scared of them. After all, we grew up around dozens of dogs and cats (even the occassional goldfish - Figaro, I believe it was named) but never a bird. However, the "bird lady" assured us that these doves are well trained and will simply fly back to their corporate headquarters...or wherever it is they call home.
Both of my aunts came which always greatly surprises me as well as my Papaw which filled dad's wish of wanting a picture of him with his greatgrandson. I read the eulogy and screwed up several times, embarassing myself. Nevertheless my husband assured me no one noticed except for the hard time he gave me for replacing the word "retired" with "retarded". Guh. Sue, I apologize for looking like such a schmuck.

Our new place is awesome. Matt and I have been living happily in an ultra tiny cubbyhole for the last 2 years and never would have moved at all if it hadn't of been for the little one. When one person is trying to sleep with only a thin wall between them and a screaming newborn being comforted by another it becomes quite clear that more square footage is needed. Who knew something so small could command so much room?! We chose our own colors for all the rooms (I'm especially proud of the bathroom) and now have a patio so large that we can fit all our outdoor furniture along with the grill and baby swing together. It's a LOT closer to the street whereas before we were in the center of the courtyard so traffic is a lot noisier but the sacrifice is well worth it. Plus, I had a great excuse to go out and buy this ultra pimp baby monitor with a color video screen because hey, you never know when we'll be hanging on the clamorous porch while Miles awakens from a nap. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? Yeah, yeah, I know the cheapy $15 one from Target would suffice but I think I will really like my new toy.

Ok, time to get cracking on some Ebay shipments I need to get out today. Have I mentioned I have an Ebay business? No? Well then come on over and check out my store! Inventory is constantly being updated and my prices are almost always negotiable: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZclubdivaQQhtZ-1

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Nice to have you back online. :) Congrats on your new digs. Sounds great.

The doves must have been really beautiful.

I want a video monitor, too!