Thursday, April 16, 2009

Taxed ENOUGH Already!

I am a little shocked. Thousands of people packed Audubon park yesterday yet not only did this event not make national news (except for Fox) it barely made local news. Every single station was parked in the field, filming and interviewing us but all I saw was about a 5 second spot on channel 5 last night. If this doesn't prove my conspiracy theory that everyone other than Fox is bleeding heart I don't know what does. Some cameraman had the audacity to ask me, "What do you say to the fact that Obama hasn't been in office 100 days yet? Don't you think you should give him a chance?" I looked right at him and said, "This is not about Obama. This is about how fed up we as a society are of being constantly robbed by Washington. My beef is not with Obama or even the prior administration. It's with Congress ignoring the very people it is meant to represent." He asked what I want them to do. I said, "I want them to go home and get real jobs." Did my comments make it to air? Of course not.

Switching gears now to quell some of my anger: Miles had a blast. We showed up at 1 with a cooler full of picnic lunch and snacks. Short Stack played "soccer" with Dada and walked up to every single person in the park to introduce himself. He even took a cookie from a nice older man who said it was ok because he "had grandchildren too". Once it started to get crowded we had to confine him to his stroller where he watched in wonder at all the cars who drove by honking and some even waving their OWN signs from behind the steering wheel! To quote Matt the energy was fun and intense until the stage turned into a "Christian conservative claptrap." Enjoy some of the pics!






No comments: