Sunday, May 11, 2008

First "Real" Mother's Day

Pic of the day: My beautiful mama's day roses!

Friday afternoon the doorbell rings so Matt goes to answer, thinking it was a tenant. No, it was UPS! And he walks in the door with a box from ProFlowers.com!! It was roses from my mom and dad. I told them not to make a big deal but they kept saying, "But this is your FIRST Mother's day and besides we think you're such a wonderful mom." Aww.
Then my great hubby brings me a basket of beautiful purple flowers and a balloon, knowing purple is my favorite color. If you have any doubts just look at my wedding photos. I also got this lovely mother-baby figurine from the Willow Tree line (I collect those.) I'm incredibly lucky to have such a great baby who is so easy and low maintenance. It is these days I will remember once he's a teenager.
Anyway, happy mama's day to all my mama friends out there, which pretty much includes each and every one of you these days!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember my first mother day. I didn't remember it at all and my hubby brought me flowers :)