Sunday, November 23, 2008

Technology, meet Shel


Yesterday was a fun-filled day for yours truly. I've been in the market for a new phone/service provider since both have been royally sucking for me lately. My phone drops calls almost daily and I pay WAY too much for minutes I never even use. I dropped by T-Mobile on Union and, lo and behold, they were having a "grand opening party". Considering they opened a month ago I was a little baffled but hey - they had a clown who was doing face-painting! They also gave me two spins on a loud, obnoxious wheel of prizes where I won a $10 gift card to use at Walgreens and a bag with a cup and keychain, which my son thoroughly enjoyed chewing on.
Well, I pick out my phone which is a slider design, something I've always wanted to try. The guy ringing me up tells me they're having a drawing in a few minutes for a free Bluetooth headset so I drop my name in, just KNOWING I won't win. Well, when they called the name of the contest winner it took me a minute to realize that they had actually said the name Bradshaw. Yes, I won something! w00t!
You may now all turn totally green with envy over my string of good luck. ;)

No comments: